IMPORTANT FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW
1. One out of three Americans age 65 and older falls at least once a year. The chances of surviving a fall are six times greater if you are found within one hour.
2. Every minute that a stroke victim goes unattended, the chance of permanent disability or death increases dramatically.
3. The National Safety Council reported that over 3 million people will sustain disabling injuries in or around their home; more than 100,000 will be permanently disabled and more than 20,000 will die.
4. The National Heart Association reports that 350,000 of the 1.6 million Americans that suffer from heart attacks die because help does not arrive on time.
5. U.S. Government studies estimate that at least 260,000 of the 1 million people over age 65 in nursing homes don’t have to be there ? and don’t want to be there.
6. Almost 30% of all hospital admissions for people over the age of 65 are directly attributable to medication non-compliance. 40% of those entering nursing homes do so because they are unable to self-medicate in their own homes.
7. The National Fire Protection Agency reported that there were over 500,000 annual home fires resulting in over 4 billion dollars in damage and over 25,000 deaths or major injuries.
8. The New England Journal of Medicine concluded that for elderly people who live alone, becoming incapacitated and unable to get help is a common event, which usually marks the end of their ability to live independently.
9. Unfortunately, we are unable to prevent an emergency from happening. More often then not, it isn’t always the emergency itself that results in debilitating injuries, but the fact that the injured party lays unattended for long periods of time.
7. Chaperone Medical Alert Systems provides help with the simple push of a button, allowing for immediate intervention and providing your loved ones with the opportunity for independence and peace of mind.
10. Our Care Center did not invent 2 way voice monitoring: like all other Monitoring Centers in our industry, we utilize the best in equipment and 2 way voice communication patents in all of our circuit boards, to insure the best in 2 way voice communications.